Panasonic KX Series Setup Guide
Before you start, you need to know your VoIP username, password and the server that your number is connected to. You can do this from your Goldfish account, by clicking My Goldfish, then “Your Numbers“, then the telephone number that you wish to connect to. The VoIP username and VoIP password are near the bottom of the page, in a section entitled VoIP Settings.
Step 1: Locating the IP address
On the phone, locate the menu and locate ‘Information Display’. Once you have found this, use the up and down arrow keys to look for IP address. Click on IP address and it should look something like 192.168.0.1 perhaps.
Step 2: Log in to the phone’s web interface
To log in to the phone’s web interface, you will need to open your browser and type your IP address into the address bar. You should get something like 192.168.0.15. When you do, press Enter and this will log you into the phone.
Step 3: Setting up the device
Once you have logged into the device, Locate SIP Settings on the left hand side and Line 1 or 2 and type in the following:
- Phone Number: Phone Number
- SIP URI: sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register Server Address: sbc.goldfish.ie
- Registrar Server Port: 8060
- Proxy Server Port: 8060
- Presence Server Port: 8060
Outbound Proxy Server
- Outbound Proxy Server Address: sbc.goldfish.ie
- Outbound Proxy Server Port: 8060
SIP Service Domain
- Service Domain: sbc.goldfish.ie
SIP Source Port
- Source Port: 8061 (increment this setting for each additional phone you configure on the same network)
- Authentication ID: VoIP Username
- Authentication Password: Voip Password
- Enable DNS SRV Lookup: Yes
Once you have entered the settings as above, save the settings and reboot the device for the changes to take effect.