Accessing the Routing Wizard
All call forwarding and routing features are accessible via the Routing Wizard, and each number has its own wizard. To access the Routing Wizard for any of your numbers:
- Log in at “My Goldfish”
- Under My Services in the Control Panel, click “Your Numbers”
- Click on the number that you’re interested in
- About halfway down the page, you’ll see a button labelled “Routing wizard”. The list in the box under this button will tell you how your number is currently routed
- Click on the green “Routing wizard” button to edit the routing for your number
How the routing wizard works
The routing wizard works in steps. It will start by asking you what you want to do with your call in the first step; for example, you might want to play a welcome message to your caller.
Each time you define a new step and save it, the routing wizard will ask you what you want to do in the next step. It will keep asking you for steps until you define a step that will finish the routing. The only two steps that will finish routing are hang up or send to voicemail.
Remember that it will only do the final step if the call has not been answered in any of the previous steps.
You can define as many steps as you want, in each step you can:
- Forward the call to a single external number, like a mobile or landline
- Forward the call to a SIP URL (this is another VoIP address)
- Send the call to your IP phone or a group of IP phones
- Send the call to a group made up of any combination of VoIP phones, mobiles, landlines or SIP addresses
- Send the call to voicemail/voicemail to email
- Play a greeting to your caller
- Play music whilst ringing the call
- Hangup the call
At each step, you define how long you want that step to ring for. For example, you might want to send the call to your home landline for 30 seconds and then go to voicemail if you don’t answer. In this case, you would define:
- Step 1: Ring my landline [number] for 30 seconds
- Step 2: Go to voicemail