Sending faxes – Tech Specs
The following table lists file types supported as attachments.
Note: Attempting to send a file with an extension which is not its native extension, as defined below, will result in an error.
- DOC, DOT, DOCX:Microsoft Word 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007
- XML: Currently, only Microsoft Word 2003 XML files are supported.
- PDF: Adobe Acrobat
- TIF: Group 3 TIFF, may be in standard or fine resolution ***
- TXT: ASCII Plain Text
- XLS, XLSX: Microsoft Excel 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007 (Note: Only active worksheets will be faxed)
- HTM/HTML: ** HTML files
- MHT: ** MHT web archive files; HTML with embedded images
- URL: Windows URL files (Note: The contents of the linked page will be faxed)
- PPT, PPTX: Microsoft PowerPoint 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007
- GIF: Non-animated GIF files *
- JPG: JPEG files *
- PS: PostScript
- EPS: Encapsulated PostScript
- RTF: Rich Text Format
- BMP: Windows Bitmap *
- PCX: PC Paintbrush Bitmap *
- SNP: Microsoft Access Snapshot (Version 10 on Windows 2000)
* For best results use only monochrome (1-bit color, not grayscale) with the following image sizes:
** HTML documents are rendered using MS Internet Explorer, with page margins set to 10.16mm (left, right, top, and bottom)
*** Image Sizes
- A4: 1,728 x 1,169
- Letter: 1,728 x 1,100
- Legal: 1,728 x 1,400
- B4: 2,048 x 1,357
- A4: 1,728 x 2,338
- Letter: 1,728 x 2,200
- Legal: 1,728 x 2,800
- B4: 2,048 x 2,714
- Maximum number of pages per fax: 100 pages.
- Maximum total file size of fax attachments: 20MB
- Maximum total file size of fax attachments, where the email is electronically signed: 10MB
- No support for password-protected files.
- No support for read-only files (which bring up a pop-up when opened)