Before you start, you need to make sure you have some call/fax credit on your account, or alternatively have subscribed to a fax callplan.
The email address that you use to send faxes from can be any authorised account defined on your Goldfish account. We automatically add your registered email address on your account to the list of addresses that are allowed, but you can add additional addresses to your account – see the bottom of this article for instructions on how to do this.
Sending your fax
In our example, we’ll send a fax to 01234 56789.
- Start a new email
- Address your email to the number you want to send your fax to with @fax.goldfish.ie after it. So, in our example, we would address our email to email@example.com
- If you’re sending a fax to an international destination by specifying 00 followed by the country code prior to the address (for example firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don’t put any spaces or any other sort of punctuation in the number
- Attach the documents that you want to fax.
- Click send
After you’ve clicked send
After you have sent the e-mail containing the fax, we’ll keep you informed as to how the fax transmission is in progress.
We’ll send you an initial e-mail to let you know that the fax has been accepted and is currently queued, then a further message to let you know if the fax transmission was successful.
Permitting other email addresses to send faxes using your account
You may want to have more than one email address that’s permitted to send from your account. To do this:
- Log in to your account at “My Goldfish”
- In your My Services section, select “Authorised fax users”
- Click on “New Authorised Sender”
- Select what you want the Caller ID to be for your fax user. If you don’t have any inbound fax numbers then you can only choose ‘Hide Caller ID’.
- Fill in the email address of your authorised sender. Note that this isn’t case sensitive, email@example.com is the same as ME@MY.COM
- Click ‘Ok’. Your new user will now be added.
Adding fax credit to your account
If you need to add fax/call credit to your account:
- Log in to your account at ‘My Goldfish’
- Click on ‘My account’
- Click on the ‘Add more fax/call credit’ link, in the Account Credit Details section.
- Follow the instructions.